The community is 35 miles east of Lewiston. Population in 2012 was 199. The area was homesteaded in 1896 and the village established in 1899, when the railroad was built. The post office began in 1896 and remains to present. Peck was named after George Peck, a railroad official.
Peck was one of the largest towns in the county at the turn of the century and had all the essential businesses to be classified as prosperous. In anticipation of the railway line to Camas Prairie, the main street in town was called Railroad Street. The railway never did pass through Peck but the little community continued to thrive. Grain harvested from seven surrounding ridges and near-by prairies was hauled to Peck and then transferred to the north bank of the Clearwater River.
The first image shows the school that was built in 1914 and torn down in 1950. Peck now has a modern elementary, but high school students attend classes in Orofino of Clearwater County. The second image was during 4th of July parade of 1900, a float with girls representing each state passed the elaborate pine bough covered pavilion.
Elevation is 926'. T36N R1W sec 11.